Madame Ganna Walska, a well-known Polish opera singer and socialite, purchased the estate in 1941 and spent the next 43 years creating Lotusland. The spectacular collections of exotic plants throughout the 37-acre property are a very personal expression of Walska’s penchant for the dramatic, the unexpected, and the whimsical. After her death in 1984, Lotusland became a nonprofit botanic garden and opened to the public in 1993.
Lotusland’s outstanding educational programs serve the local community and its innovative horticultural practices are shared with botanic gardens and garden-lovers around the world.
View more at www.lotusland.org